Topics taught within this certification:
- Accounting, Budgets, Budget Control, Financial Management
- Management and Supervision
- Human Resources/Payroll Administration
- Assisted Living Facility Regulations
- Resident Care Practices
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care
Requirements for TX Assisted Living Manager:
- In Small facilities: Must have proof of graduation from an accredited high school certification or equivalency of graduation.
- In Large facilities: Must have proof of accredited high school certification or equivalency of graduation AND one year of experience working in management or in health care industry management; An Associate’s degree in Nursing, Health Care Management, or a related field; OR a Bachelor’s degree
- 8 hours of training on Texas Assisted Living Facility Standards, within 3 months of hire
- A total of 24 hours of training, in subjects per regulation, within the first year as an Assisted Living ManagerRequirements for CALFA-MCA®: #1 or 2 and 3-4 listed above plus the following:
- Completion of K&K Consulting Assisted Living Facility Manager Course (28 hours)
- Successfully pass the CALFA-MCA®; open book examination with a 75%, 150 questions-must score at least 113.
RENEWAL of CALFA-MCA®; Certification
- Renewal must occur every two years. Cost is $50.
- Renewal must include 12 CEUs on health-related topics (can be a combination of topics) such as Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care, Abuse & Neglect, Falls, Assisted Living Management, Healthcare Financial Management, Disaster Preparedness, Human Resources Management, Ethics, CPR, Basic Emergency and First Aid, Accounting and Budgeting, Resident Rights, HIPAA, or other health-related topics.
Certified Assisted Living Facility Administrator – Memory Care Administrator (CALFA-MCA®):
- Assisted Living Management Bootcamp Seminar (7 CEUs with 1 CEU in Ethics) – Live Webinar
- TX Assisted Living Facility Standards (8 CEUs) – Attend Live Webinar
- Leadership & Human Capital Management (7 CEUs with 2 CEUs in Ethics) – Attend Live Webinar
- Ethics-Abuse & Neglect in Long-Term Health Care (4 Ethics CEUs) – Attend Live Webinar
Register on the Home Page and to make payment (go to Home Page, scroll down to View More Programs, and then select Option #14)
Need more information? Contact us at 409-939-1030 or Set An Appointment now.